Air fryer broccoli is easy and full of flavor. This recipe uses freshly squeezed lemon and parmesan cheese to create a simple healthy side dish for any meal.
Air Fryer Broccoli
Air fryer broccoli is no different! It’s super easy to get flavorful results. If you’re used to very boring broccoli, this simple recipe with surprise you. By using a few simple spices, fresh squeezed lemon and parmesan, you’ll achieve delicious results without a lot of effort.
Air Fryer Broccoli Ingredients
I HIGHLY recommend using fresh squeezed lemon and fresh grated parmesan cheese (not the processed stuff) because the flavor is *chef’s kiss*:
- Broccoli – Look for broccoli crowns that look fresh and green and don’t have any brown spots on the outsides of them. They want to feel fresh, not soft or mushy.
- Olive Oil – I used olive oil for this recipe, but you could also use coconut oil, avocado oil or any cooking oil you have already at home.
- Spices – These spices will give your broccoli a delicious flavor: garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon – Once you learn this simple trick, you’ll never go back. Add lemon to your baked broccoli too – it takes the flavor to the next level everytime.
- Parmesan Cheese – Parmesan is another secret ingredient that will make your broccoli go from good to amazing. But truthfully I feel like freshly grated parmesan cheese can do that with any meal.
How To Make Air Fryer Broccoli
Broccoli is so easy to make in the air fryer. Everything including prep time and cook time is all done in less than 25 minutes.
- Wash the broccoli. Cut off the stem and cut into small broccoli florets.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Add in the broccoli toss in the seasoning until fully coated.
- Lightly coat the air fryer with cooking spray or olive oil on a paper towel.
- Preheat the air fryer for two minutes at 350°F. Add in the broccoli and cook for 12 minutes, then toss them around. Cook for another 12-15 minutes, keeping an eye on them in the last couple of minutes so that they don’t burn.
Tips For Crispier Air Fryer Broccoli
- Cut your broccoli florets small and even. You don’t want small and big pieces because they will cook unevenly. Smaller florets will cook faster.
- Preheat your air fryer first. This will give you the best crispy broccoli.
- Pat the broccoli dry with a paper towel after washing to remove any excess moisture.
- Always toss the broccoli halfway through to get even cooking.
- Check in the last couple of minutes to make sure they’re not overcooking. Every air fryer is different so it might take a little bit of practice getting used to your temperature and how it works.
- Check for when broccoli is done by poking the stem with a fork.
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
Now that you know this recipe, make sure to check out my other easy air fryer recipes. Here are some popular ones to get started with:
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks – These are crispy and another easy way to cook chicken.
- Air Fryer Green Beans – A delicious and simple side dish idea.
- Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes – Honest truth: I will eat a whole bowl of these myself. These are so good!
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts – These are so crunchy and remind me of kale chips. I just love them and will actually eat them as a snack! (I know that sounds a little crazy but they’re really that good).
- Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Wings – These taste just like wings from the pub. They’re a big hit with my family.
Air Fryer Broccoli
- Wash and cut broccoli into small florets.
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Add broccoli to the bowl and toss together with the seasoning mixture until fully coated.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for 2 minutes.
- Lightly coat the inside of the air fryer tray or basket with olive oil or cooking spray. Add the broccoli and cook for 12 minutes, then give a quick toss.
- Cook an additional 12-15 minutes, or until they're golden brown and crispy on the outside. Add to a plate and toss with grated parmesan cheese. Drizzle freshly squeezed lemon over top and serve.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.