Air fryer salmon is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. This recipe uses a delicious honey mustard salmon marinade. After you try this recipe once, you’ll love how easy salmon is to prepare in your air fryer and want to make it again and again.
Air Fryer Salmon
Have you tried cooking salmon in your air fryer yet? It’s actually quite easy!
Air fryer salmon is so simple to make, you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried this before. What I love about air frying salmon is that there’s little mess to clean up. And it takes less only 20 minutes to cook.
Air fryers are great for fast healthy meals. If you have an all-in-one cooker like the Ninja Foodi Deluxe – you can cook your rice, veggies, and salmon all at once!
SALMON – Look for a salmon fillet that is firm, uniform in size and brightly colored. Avoid fillets that look discolored or go from thick to too thin (these will be harder to cook). Depending on your air fryer, you might need to slice the salmon into serving portion sizes so that it can fit in the basket.
MARINADE – You can use a variety of seasonings, but today I’m using a honey mustard marinade from my six easy salmon marinade recipes. This marinade is light and fresh. It won’t overpower the flavor of the fish.
When cooking in an air fryer, you can season your salmon any way you want to. Sometimes I like to keep it simple with salt and pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Air Fryer Tips
I’m obsessed with my Ninja Foodi Deluxe – it’s an instant pot and air fryer all in one. And I can’t stop experimenting with air frying everything right now.
Once you’ve tried a few recipes and gotten the hang of it, you’ll LOVE how easy it is to make your meals with an air fryer (like crispy potatoes – sooo good!). If you have a family of three or four I highly recommend the Ninja Foodie Deluxe because it can cook an entire meal (ex. rice, veggies and salmon) all at once!
If you already have an air fryer, this salmon recipe will work in it as well. I have a basket-style air fryer, but you can also use this recipe in an oven-style air fryer.
How To Air Fry Salmon
Lightly coat the inside of the air fryer tray or basket with olive oil or cooking spray. Add the salmon fillets skin side up to the tray. Cook at 400°F for 10 minutes, then flip them over and pour leftover marinade on top. Cook an additional 10 minutes, or until fully cooked.
How To Know When The Salmon Is Done
According to the USDA recommended cooking temperatures, the safest internal temperature for cooking all types of fish and shellfish is 145°F. This is the interior temperature that the fish will read at once removed from the heat source. You can use a food thermometer, which will be poked into the thickest part of the fish to read the temperature.
You can also tell when salmon is done cooking just by looking at it. When the salmon is no longer translucent and dark pink in the center, it is done. Cooked salmon will be easy to flake with a fork and light pink/white once cooked.
Easy Healthy Side Dish Recipes:
These recipes pair well with air fryer salmon.
- Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes – crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and oh so delicious.
- Garlic Salad with Herb Dressing – an easy side salad dish
- Honey Dijon Quinoa Salad – healthy, delicious and a great source of protein.
Honey Mustard Air Fryer Salmon
Marinating The Salmon:
- Add all marinade ingredients to a small bowl and mix together.
- Add salmon to a glass container or plastic bag and pour marinade sauce overtop. Container should be small enough so that salmon can soak up the sauce. Seal the bag/container and let sit in fridge for 1-2 hours before cooking. Salmon can also marinate overnight in the fridge.
Air Fryer Instructions:
- Lightly coat the inside of the air fryer tray or basket with olive oil or cooking spray. Add the salmon fillets skin side up to the tray. Cook at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Open the air fryer and flip the salmon over. Drizzle leftover marinade on top. Cook an additional 10 minutes, or until fully cooked.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.