Asparagus tomato feta salad is an easy and healthy side dish for any meal. It’s so simple to put together and can be made in less than 10 minutes (which includes cooking asparagus). The result is fresh and flavorful.
Asparagus Tomato Feta Salad
We love to eat asparagus in our house. But usually, it’s prepared by my husband and basically boiled – then eaten. Nothing is wrong with that, but it gets a little boring after awhile.
Well, this asparagus tomato feta salad will definitely liven up your asparagus nights! It’s a really simple salad to assemble with not a lot of fuss. I love these kinds of salads because they seem doable even on the busiest unmotivated nights of the week that we all have.
Asparagus Salad Ingredients
ASPARAGUS – I used one bunch of asparagus from the grocery store. When you’re boiling, make sure to keep an eye on it. You want the asparagus just-cooked, not soggy and mushy. You can tell when it’s done by poking with a fork while in the boiling water. If a fork pokes through, then it’s done. It will only take about 3-4 minutes in boiling water.
TOMATO SLICES – I used one cup of sliced tomatoes on the vine for this recipe, but you can use cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, or roma tomatoes. Any kind will work great.
DRESSING – For the salad dressing, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup (or honey), minced garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. This will create a light and fresh flavor to the salad.
FETA CHEESE – I feel like this is the most important part of the salad as it adds the perfect kick that will make you want to eat more and more. I used goat’s milk feta cheese, but you can use regular feta cheese as well.
Asparagus Tomato Feta Salad Instructions
- COOK ASPARAGUS – Break off the woody ends, then slice into 2-inch pieces. Boil for 3-4 minutes or until just tender when poked with a fork.
- MAKE DRESSING – Add olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup (or honey), minced garlic, paprika, salt and pepper to a large bowl. Whisk together.
- COMBINE INGREDIENTS – Add the asparagus and chopped tomato to the same large bowl and toss with the dressing. Sprinkle on crumbled feta cheese and serve.
More Salad Recipes To Try:
- Kale Caesar Salad – a fresh take on the classic caesar salad. It’s so yummy you might want to eat the whole bowl!
- BLT Pasta Salad – this salad is great for picnics or potlucks.
- Watermelon Arugula Salad – fresh and tangy, this salad is wonderful in the summertime.
- Honey Dijon Quinoa Salad – high in protein (from quinoa) and delicious.
- Homemade Cobb Salad – still my favorite salad ever.
- Garden Salad With Herb Dressing – an easy side salad for dinnertime.
- Break off ends of asparagus, then slice into 2-inch pieces. Add to a pot of boiling water and boil for 3-4 minutes or until tender when poked with a fork. Drain from water and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine dressing ingredients: olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, minced garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and paprika.
- Add asparagus and chopped tomato to the bowl. Mix with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle feta cheese over top and lightly mix together. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (optional) Serve immediately.
- Add leftovers to an air-tight glass container and store in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Leftovers can be eaten chilled or warmed in the microwave.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.