Bacon in the oven comes out crispy every time. It also lays flat, which is convenient when used in recipes. This method is great for slicing into freezer breakfast sandwiches, adding to chicken bacon ranch wraps, or helping to save time for Sunday morning breakfast.
Bacon In The Oven
Let’s face it, bacon is delicious. But with all the grease popping and stove mess afterward, it’s also a big pain. This is why I love cooking bacon in the oven – there is less mess. You’re not getting zapped by grease, and the bacon comes out crispy every time.
How Do You Cook Bacon In The Oven
The bacon in the oven method is so easy.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. To make clean up easier, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay bacon on the baking sheet in a single layer. (Note: Any pieces that are touching will stick together once cooked.)
- There’s no need to flip the bacon. Once it’s cooked, use a pair of tongs to transfer to paper towels to absorb the excess grease.
If you’re cooking thin strips: Bake for 15-18 minutes or until crispy. Check after 12 minutes.
If you’re cooking thick strips: Bake for 18-20 minutes or until desired crispiness. Check after 15 minutes.
Clean Up After
I like to wait until the baking sheet and grease cool down completely. Then I just pick up the parchment paper and toss it. Most of the grease will go along with it making this an easy clean-up.
If you use compostable parchment paper, then parchment paper and grease can easily be tossed in the compost.
I love using this method whenever I need bacon for my recipes. The bacon comes out perfectly every time, and it’s flat in shape which makes it easier to slice, chop, or create bacon bits. Here are some recipes using bacon to get you started…
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps – Easy lunch or dinner idea.
- BLT Pasta Salad – Creamy and delicious. Great for barbecues.
- Cobb Salad – This homemade version is still one of my favorite salads
- Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches – Made with sausage and bacon. An easy grab-and-go breakfast for hungry families.
Bacon In The Oven
- 1 package of bacon - thick or thin
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place bacon in a single layer on the baking sheet. If any bacon is touching, it will stick together once cooked. If you have too many strips you may need to use two baking sheets.
- Thin Strips: Bake for 15-18 minutes or until crispy. Check after 12 minutes.
- Thick Strips: Bake for 18-20 minutes or until desired crispiness. Check after 15 minutes.
- No need to flip bacon during process. Once cooked remove bacon from oven. Using tongs place onto paper towel to absorb excess grease. Serve immediately or use for recipes.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.