Today I’m sharing how I make my creamy morning oatmeal. It’s high in protein, superfoods, and even healthy fats (thanks to the coconut oil), so it will give you loads of energy.
I eat this oatmeal once or twice a week if I’m feeling really hungry in the morning. Otherwise I stick to my green smoothie for breakfast.
However, I wanted to share this method with you because it’s SO EASY and tastes SO GOOD! Another great recipe you may enjoy are my six healthy overnight oat recipes.
The first and most important thing is the actual oats… guys, stick to the whole rolled oats and not the quick oats. Why? The texture is soo different, and produces less mushy oats.
My oats are made fast and simple by using the microwave. For me I use about 1 cup oats and 3/4 milk or water. Usually I just eyeball it to see how much water I need. This is just my personal preference and the oats you’re purchasing will probably have a different ratio on the package. I don’t like my oats runny, so I use as little of water/milk as possible.
Next, I want to mention flavorings… I always add a spoonful of coconut oil to my oats for added healthy fats, and I use a lot of cinnamon and sea salt.
I don’t add any sweetener at all. I know some people like to add honey or maple syrup. But in the recipe below we’re using mashed banana and cinnamon to naturally sweeten the oatmeal.
I also love to sprinkle superfoods and seeds on my oatmeal. Hemp seeds, chia seeds, and shredded coconut are my main go-to’s for an added protein boost.
P.S. That’s greek yogurt in the center of my bowl. I realize it looks like a poached egg or something.
Let’s talk about fried bananas for a quick sec…
If you have 5 minutes to spare in the morning, then I promise you that these are worth it. They add another flavor depth that just makes this oatmeal that much more enjoyable.
However, if you’re rushing out the door to get the kids to school or to go to an appointment, then save these fried bananas for another day.
They are really easy to make. Add coconut oil and cinnamon to a frying pan and let it heat up a bit. Then add the sliced bananas and fry them up for 1-2 minutes. Use a spatula to remove them and add to your oatmeal.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes:
- Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Spinach Omelette
- Homemade Granola
- Tropical Green Smoothie Bowl
- Six Healthy Chia Pudding Flavors
- Two Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Creamy Morning Oatmeal with Fried Banana
- Microwave instructions: In a bowl, combine rolled oats, milk (or water) and microwave for 1-2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir in coconut oil, cinnamon, sea salt. Mixed together then add the mashed banana.
- Fried Banana Instructions: Heat the frying pan with coconut oil and cinnamon over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, place the sliced banana in, mixing with oil and cinnamon. Cook on each side for about 30-60 seconds.
- Add your favorite toppings including chia seeds, hemp seeds, shredded coconut and berries.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.
Did you enjoy this post? Share the ❤️ and Pin it to Pinterest!