Cake mix Santa cookies are an easy treat to bake for Santa and the reindeer. Made with white cake mix as the base, these cookies couldn’t be easier.
Cake Mix Santa Cookies
Looking for an easy cookie to make for Santa and his reindeer? Kids will love helping you make this easy cookie recipe.
Cake mix Santa cookies use red and green jimmies (sprinkles) and chocolate chips, but you can use any sprinkles you’d like here! The rest of the cookies can be enjoyed as a treat before putting the kids to bed.
Cookies For Santa Ingredients
This recipe uses 8 simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- White Cake Mix – You can use any brand of 16.5 oz white cake mix.
- Sprinkles – You can use red and green sprinkles. I used jimmies (these are the long skinny ones).
- Chocolate Chips – This recipe uses ¾ cup chocolate chips.
- Other Ingredients – You’ll also need eggs, cooking oil, milk and a bit of all purpose flour.
Nuts and Seeds – Add chopped nuts or seeds into the batter for an added crunch.
Use White Chocolate – Instead of using milk chocolate chips, you can substitute for dark or white chocolate chips.
Candies – Add M&Ms, sprinkles or crushed candies to the batter. If you’re making this with kids you could have them pick out their favorites to add to the cookies.
How To Make Cake Mix Santa Cookies
These cookies are super simple. Here’s an overview:
- Mix Dry Ingredients – Whisk together the white cake mix and all purpose flour.
- Add Wet Ingredients – Make a well in the center and add the eggs, cooking oil and milk. Stir together until it forms a sticky batter.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips and Sprinkles – Mix in the chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Bake – Drop the cookies onto a baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 9-11 minutes.
How To Store Cookies
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container on the counter or fridge for up to 1 week. These cookies can also be added to the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Christmas Cookie Recipes
Here are some more incredible Christmas recipes you have to try!
- Snowball Cookies – They look just like snowballs with hidden M&Ms inside.
- Christmas Whipped Shortbread – Melt in your mouth, buttery goodness!
- Best Sugar Cookies – An easy recipe to make with kids.
- White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies – Soft and chewy with the perfect sweetness.
- Red and Green Coconut Jello Balls – Made with only three ingredients, these are fast and delicious!
- Applesauce Spice Cookies – Soft cookies sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
- Christmas Cracker Candy – One of the easiest treats to make and highly addictive!
Did you love these easy cake mix Santa cookies? Be sure to leave a rating below!
Cake Mix Santa Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the white cake mix and flour.
- Make a well in the center, add the eggs, cooking oil and milk. Mix together until it forms a batter.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- The batter will be quite sticky at this point.
- Use a cookie scoop or 1 Tbsp to drop cookies onto baking sheet. Leave room for each cookie to expand. Add sprinkles and a few chocolate chips to the tops of the cookies (optional).
- Bale for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove and place on a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container on the counter or in fridge for up to 1 week. These cookies can also be frozen in an airtight container for 3 months.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.