Cheesy garlic french bread sticks are made with five simple ingredients. You can easily whip these up as a quick snack for hungry kids, or as a side dish for pizza casserole or homemade healthy tomato soup.
Cheesy Garlic French Bread Sticks With Pizza Sauce
The kids are hungry and you are looking for an easy snack idea. Well, this is it! Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best recipes and this one is made with just 5 ingredients, and baked in 10 minutes.
If you’re up for it, get the kids to help make these. You can slice up the french bread baguette, then lay it on a baking sheet. Have the kids add the melted garlic butter and sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese. They’ll love it.
Only Five Ingredients
This recipe is easily put together using just five ingredients. It couldn’t be more simple.
FRENCH BREAD BAGUETTE – Grab a french bread baguette from the grocery store and slice it up into small sticks. You could use any type of crusty bread for this recipe.
BUTTER – Salted butter is melted to help create great flavor.
GARLIC – Minced fresh garlic tastes sooo good on this snack. However, you could also use 1 tsp of garlic powder.
MOZZARELLA – Shredded mozzarella cheese makes these baguette sticks taste like pizza! If you don’t have mozzarella, you can also use cheddar or marble cheese.
PIZZA SAUCE – This part is optional, but pizza sauce makes the perfect dip for this recipe.
How To Make Cheesy Garlic French Bread Sticks
- Slice up the french bread baguette into thin sticks.
- Melt the butter and minced garlic together in the microwave. Spoon it over each piece.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
More Easy Recipes To Try:
- Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches – Try these grab-and-go breakfasts for hungry families.
- DIY Pizza Lunchables – These are great for kids’ lunches.
- Baked Eggs In Holes – This is a classic breakfast idea that kids love.
- Pizza Casserole – A yummy dinner that is easy to put together.
Cheesy Garlic French Bread Sticks
- ½ cup salted butter
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 french baguette - cut into small strips
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce - for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice the french baguette into small strips. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, add butter and minced garlic. Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Use a spoon to scoop butter and minced garlic onto each baguette piece. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese has fully melted.
- Serve with cups of pizza sauce for dipping.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.