Chickpea zucchini stir fry wraps are an easy lunch or dinner idea that can put together in less than 30 minutes. The base of the wraps is created with a fast stir fry of chickpeas, veggies, and homemade taco seasoning. These wraps are great for a fast weeknight dinner idea or meal prep lunches throughout the week.
Chickpea Zucchini Stir Fry Wraps
I could eat this for lunch every day and I’d be a happy girl. It’s hard to go wrong with stir fried vegetables. I mean, stir fries are so easy. It’s the perfect quick meal idea for busy weeknights.
I also love mixing things up with more plant-based recipes. This keeps the grocery budget down and adds more healthy vegetables to our diet. It’s a win/win.
Well, this recipe takes the ease of stir fry and folds it into an easy tortilla wrap. It’s such a simple idea but it’s loaded with flavor. You’ll love the ease of this recipe for dinner or lunches! This would also make a perfect potluck or picnic because you can meal prep the base in advance and have people scoop it into their own wraps.
Chickpea Zucchini Stir Fry Wraps Ingredients
This vibrant stir fry wrap comes together with a few simple ingredients:
- Chickpeas – You’ll need 1 ½ cups of canned chickpeas that are drained and rinsed.
- Zucchini – I used one small zucchini that was chopped into small pieces.
- Carrots – I used two large peeled carrots, chopped into small pieces.
- Taco Seasoning – You can make your own taco seasoning with spices you already have in your pantry using these instructions. Or you can use a store-bought version.
- Tortilla Wraps – The stir fry will make enough for six tortilla wraps.
- Toppings – Any extra toppings you’d like to add to the wraps including lettuce, spinach, mayonnaise, mustard, sprouts, mashed avocado, and cheese.
How To Make The Stir Fry
This stir fry comes together easily in about 25 minutes.
- Garlic and Onion – Add cooking oil, minced garlic and chopped onion to a frying pan over medium heat. Cook for 1 minute.
- Carrots – Add the chopped carrots and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Zucchini – Add the zucchini and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until the zucchini begins to soften.
- Chickpeas – Add the cooked chickpeas and sprinkle taco seasoning over everything. Stir it all together and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the chickpeas are heated through.
This stir fry can now be added straight to the tortilla wraps for serving, or stored in a glass container in the fridge and used for meal prep lunches throughout the week.
How To Make The Chickpea Zucchini Wraps
It’s easy to make the wraps. If you’re going to meal prep them for lunches, I recommend making the wraps shortly before you plan to eat to prevent sogginess. You can make them the night before or right at lunchtime.
- Toppings – To maximize the flavor, add your favorite toppings. This includes any sauces and fresh veggies you’d like. I kept things simple by adding mayonnaise and mashed avocado. But you could also use dijon mustard, salsa, sour cream, greek yogurt, lettuce, spinach, sprouts, cucumber, and shredded cheese.
- Stir Fry – Add about 1/2 cup chickpea zucchini stir fry to the wraps. Roll the tortilla tightly folding in the ends. If you’re not sure how to fold, watch this video on how to wrap a tortilla. Slice the wrap in half and serve immediately or store in an airtight container for later. This wrap can be eaten cold or reheated in the microwave for a few seconds.
More Healthy Recipes To Try
- Ranch Taco Chicken Salad – Loaded with vegetables, chicken, black beans, cheddar cheese, crunchy tortilla chips and topped with an easy ranch taco salad dressing.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps – Made with crispy bacon, avocado, chicken slices, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and homemade buttermilk ranch dressing, you are going to love the simplicity of this easy meal idea.
- Mashed Chickpea Wraps – I love this recipe because it’s simple and the wraps can be put together in 5 minutes with leftovers for later in the fridge.
- Sheet Pan Fajitas – This is an easy family favorite that’s perfect for Taco Tuesdays, or Fun Fridays.
Chickpea Zucchini Stir Fry Wraps
- In a frying pan over medium high heat, add cooking oil, minced garlic and chopped onion. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add chopped carrots and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the zucchini and cook additional 1-2 minutes or until zucchini starts to soften.
- Add the chickpeas and sprinkle taco seasoniong overtop of everything. Stir together with a wooden spoon and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until chickpeas are warmed through.
- Add mayonnaise and 1/2 of a mashed avocado to a tortilla wrap (optional), along with 1/2 cup of chickpea mixture. Roll the tortilla tightly folding in the ends. Slice in half and serve.
- Leftover chickpea stir fry can be stored in an airtight glass container for up to 1 week.
- You can make your own taco seasoning with spices you already have in your pantry using these instructions.
- The chickpea mixture will make enough for about six tortilla wraps.
- Save leftovers in a glass container until ready to use. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.