Cranberry jello salad is a very easy recipe made with whole cranberry sauce, crushed pineapple and strawberry gelatin.
Festive Cranberry Pineapple Salad
This cranberry pineapple jello salad is a classic recipe that reminds me of my childhood. It’s easy peasy to make and a great addition to your holiday meal.
The process to make it is simple, all you need is a kettle of boiling water and a bowl to mix everything together. No stovetop is necessary.
Although this jello salad is sweet-tasting, it’s also tart all thanks to the cranberries. Traditionally it’s served as a side dish with Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas dinner with roasted turkey. The recipe uses strawberry gelatin – you can use a sugar-free jello version if you prefer.
You only need 5 ingredients to make this classic jello salad.
- CRANBERRY SAUCE: Be sure to use whole berry cranberry sauce versus jellied cranberry sauce. You want the whole cranberries for this recipe because they add great texture and flavor.
- PINEAPPLE: This recipe uses 1 can of crushed pineapple, including the juice.
- GELATIN: You can use regular strawberry jello, or a sugar-free version like I did. I used 2 packs of Simply Delish strawberry gelatin that’s sweetened with stevia. Raspberry gelatin or cherry jello (gelatin) will also work.
- APPLE: You’ll need one apple, chopped into bite-size pieces.
- WATER: You can boil the hot water in a kettle (like I did) or in a pot on the stove (water must be hot, not cold water).
- VARIATIONS: Substitute apples for canned mandarin oranges, chopped fresh pineapple or chopped pecans.
How To Make Jello Cranberry Salad
- Chop the apple. Add it to a large bowl with pineapple and cranberry sauce. Mix together.
- Add the strawberry gelatin to a bowl along with boiling water according to the full instructions in the recipe card below.
- Pour the gelatin overtop of the fruit. Mix together and refrigerate.
- Stir once chilled. Add to a serving platter and enjoy!
Leftover jello salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3-4 days. This recipe must be kept chilled until you’re ready to serve.
More Festive Side Dish Recipes
Serve these delicious recipes over the holiday season.
- Cranberry Sauce with Orange Zest made with fresh cranberries takes Thanksgiving to the next level.
- Balsamic Rosemary Beets is the perfect side dish to pair with your dinner.
- Garlic Green Beans with Bacon … is there anything better?
- Stuffed Acorn Squash with Ground Beef are incredibly delicious and a feast on the eyes.
- Roasted Root Vegetables topped with pomegranate seeds. An easy healthy Christmas side dish.
- Fall Harvest Salad made with a variety of beautiful vegetables including delicata squash, kale and pomegranate. All topped with a delicious apple cider vinegar dressing.
Cranberry Pineapple Jello Salad
- Chop one small apple into bite-size pieces.
- Add the crushed pineapple, whole cranberry sauce and chopped apple to a bowl.
- Mix them together.
- In a separate bowl add two packs (6 oz) of strawberry gelatin.
- Add 1 ¾ cups of boiling water to the gelatin powder. Whisk for two minutes to fully dissolve.
- Pour the liquid overtop of the fruit and stir together. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours to chill and set.
- Once fully chilled, stir with a spoon to break up the gelatin. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.