Cranberry pineapple jello salad is a very easy recipe made with whole cranberry sauce, crushed pineapple and strawberry gelatin. This recipe is quick to put together but needs to be chilled in the fridge in advance. You can serve it at holiday dinners – it tastes great with turkey!
Cranberry Pineapple Jello Salad
This cranberry pineapple jello salad is a classic recipe that reminds me of my childhood. It’s easy peasy to make and a great addition to your holiday dinner.
The process to make it is simple, all you need is a kettle of boiling water and a bowl to mix everything together. No stovetop is necessary.
Although this jello salad is sweet-tasting, it’s also tart all thanks to the cranberries. Traditionally it’s served as a side dish with Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners. The recipe uses strawberry gelatin – you can use a sugar-free version if you prefer.
Cranberry Pineapple Jello Salad Ingredients
You only need four ingredients to make this classic jello salad:
- Whole Cranberry Sauce – Be sure to use “whole cranberry sauce” versus “jellied cranberry sauce”. You want the whole cranberries for this recipe because they add great texture and flavor.
- Crushed Pineapple – This recipe uses 1 can of crushed pineapple, including the juice.
- Strawberry Gelatin – You can use regular strawberry jello, or a sugar-free version like I did. I used 2 packs of Simply Delish strawberry gelatin that’s sweetened with stevia.
- Apple – You’ll need one apple, chopped into bite-size pieces.
- Boiling Water – You can boil the water in a kettle (like I did) or in a pot on the stove. You’ll need 1 ¾ cup boiling water.
How To Make Cranberry Pineapple Jello Salad
The process to make this gelatin salad is really easy. Here’s an overview:
- Assemble Fruit – First chop the apple. Then add it along with crushed pineapple and whole cranberry sauce to a bowl and mix together. Set it aside.
- Make Gelatin – Add the strawberry gelatin to a bowl along with boiling water. Whisk for 2 minutes (I set a timer) to let the gelatin fully dissolve.
- Pour and Refrigerate – Pour the gelatin overtop of the fruit. Gently mix it together, then place in the fridge for 3-4 hours. Once it’s chilled, stir it together. Keep this jello salad chilled until ready to serve.
If you like this recipe you might also like my cranberry sauce with orange zest! All you need is four ingredients and 20 minutes to make a sauce that pairs incredibly with turkey and chicken. This recipe can be made sugar-free as well.
Cranberry Pineapple Jello Salad
- Chop one small apple into bite-size pieces.
- Add the crushed pineapple, whole cranberry sauce and chopped apple to a bowl.
- Mix them together.
- In a separate bowl add two packs (6 oz) of strawberry gelatin.
- Add 1 ¾ cups of boiling water to the gelatin powder. Whisk for two minutes to fully dissolve.
- Pour the liquid overtop of the fruit and stir together. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours to chill and set.
- Once fully chilled, stir with a spoon to break up the gelatin. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.