This carrot recipe is incredibly easy and takes regular carrots up a notch with a creamy sauce.
Mayonnaise creamy carrots are simmered with a bit of water on the stove until soft. They’re tossed with a creamy sauce made from mayonnaise and heavy cream. Who knew such a simple recipe could be so delicious!?
Sweet, Savory and So Simple!
- This is such a simple recipe that goes with almost any main dish including chicken, pork, beef or fish.
- The prep takes less than 5 minutes, then a quick simmer on the stove to soften. Toss with the creamy sauce and you’re done!
- Carrots are inexpensive, making this an affordable recipe for weekly dinner rotations. Feel free to alternate between this one and baked buttered carrots.
- Add leftovers to a roasted vegetable salad or puree into a creamy carrot soup.
CARROTS: This recipe uses 8 medium carrots that are peeled and cut lengthwise. Then they’re simmered in a bit of water along with a sprinkling of salt. Feel free to cut carrots in any shape, as long as they’re similar in size for more even cooking.
SAUCE: A bit of mayonnaise and heavy cream is all you need to make this delicious tangy sauce that tastes lovely with the sweetness from carrots.
How To Make Mayonnaise Creamy Carrots
- Prep the carrots and the creamy sauce.
- Place carrots in a pot with water and salt according to full recipe instructions below.
- Drain carrots, then toss with creamy sauce. Serve and enjoy!
Cook the carrots until they’re crisp-tender, soft when poked with a fork but crisp enough that they won’t fall apart when you mix them with the sauce.
More Side Dish Recipes
- Baked Buttered Carrots are so simple and delicious.
- Marinated Mushrooms are served chilled and best made ahead of time.
- Roasted Root Vegetables are one of our favorite easy side dishes.
- Easy Fried Cabbage is affordable and tastes great with almost anything.
- Roasted Beets are flavored with delicious balsamic vinegar and fresh rosemary.
Did you like this recipe? Be sure to leave a rating below!
Mayonnaise Creamy Carrots
- Wash then peel carrots with a vegetable peeler. Slice each carrot into quarters.
- In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise and heavy cream. Set aside.
- Add sliced carrots to a pot with hot water and salt. Cover with a lid and cook until tender but a little firm when poked with fork (about 10-15 minutes). Toss carrots occassionally during the process.
- Drain excess water (if there is any). Pour creamy sauce over top.
- Gently toss carrots with the sauce. Scoop into a dish. Serve while warm and enjoy!
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.