One bowl banana bread – could anything be better? Banana bread is pretty much loved by everyone. It’s easy to make and now there’s even less clean up. Not sure there’s a better recipe out there for a busy mama with hungry kids!
One Bowl Banana Bread
Banana bread is so easy to make and now it’s even better by using only one bowl to mix together the entire recipe. This one bowl banana bread is moist, sweet and full of flavor thanks to the overripe bananas.
Everything comes together in less than 10 minutes in a large bowl, then bake in a loaf pan for 50 minutes. So simple.
Try this recipe with nut butter or seed butter spread on to a slice… you’ll get added protein, healthy fats and extra flavor!
P.S. Recently I made fast and easy fudgy brownies and they were delicious. You’ll have to try those as well.
Ingredients For One Bowl Banana Bread
BANANAS – You want to use ripe bananas for this recipe. The more brown spots the better. This will make your banana bread sweet and extra moist.
SUGAR – I prefer to use coconut sugar in all of my baking instead of brown sugar or white granulated sugar. But you can use whichever is in your cupboard.
FLOUR – We’re using all-purpose flour for this recipe. You can also use 1/2 all-purpose flour and 1/2 whole wheat flour.
CINNAMON – Don’t skip the cinnamon! It adds great flavor. In fact, if you feel adventurous you can add more.
The Fastest Banana Bread To Whip Up
- Grab a big bowl and mash the banana in it. Add the melted butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract mix them up.
- Now add the dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until it forms a batter.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes.
More Baking Recipes To Try:
- Chickpea Flour Banana Bread – this banana bread uses chickpea flour and chocolate chips to create a delicious treat.
- Sheet Pan Pancakes – save this recipe for next time you need to make a bunch of pancakes and want to save heaps of time.
- Spelt Chocolate Chip Muffins – made with delicious spelt flour.
- Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Cups – the perfect grab-and-go breakfast.
One Bowl Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Mix in the melted butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix together untill it forms a batter consistency.
- Using a spatula, scoop batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center.
- Let cool for 15 minutes then remove from pan and use a bread knife to slice into thin pieces. Store banana bread in an air tight container or bag in the fridge or freezer.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.