This Hawaiian macaroni salad recipe is an easy pasta salad made with cook pasta noodles, onions, carrots and a creamy salad dressing.
This recipe is great to serve as a side dish for picnics, potlucks and barbecues.
Easy Pasta Salad
- This recipe uses simple ingredients that are budget-friendly.
- Prep the recipe ahead of time and store in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- Divide into serving portions for easy meal prep lunches.
- Serve with hamburgers or as a side to barbecued ribs, steak or chicken.
PASTA NOODLES: Any type of elbow macaroni noodles will work. I used rice pasta noodles.
CARROT: I used one large carrot, grated on a cheese grater.
ONION: Should be diced small for the recipe.
GREEN ONIONS: Should be chopped small. You can use a pair of kitchen scissors to slice them small – it makes things so much easier!
CELERY: Chopped small.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: This is tossed with the salad ingredients before adding the dressing. This is NOT apple cider juice.
CREAMY DRESSING: A simple homemade dressing is made from mayonnaise, milk, sugar, dried onion, salt and pepper.
How To Make Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Cook elbow macaroni. Chop and shred the vegetables.
- Mix together mayonnaise, milk, sugar, dried minced onion, salt and pepper according to the full recipe instructions below.
- Add pasta, carrots, onion, and celery to a mixing bowl. Pour apple cider vinegar over top and stir. Add remaining dressing to the salad.
- Let chill in the fridge 4 hours. Serve and enjoy!
Leftover pasta salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up 3-4 days but tastes best when served within 1-2 days.
More Salad Recipes
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is a delicious healthier version using paleo salad dressing.
- Ranch Taco Chicken Salad uses delicious vegetables, cooked chicken, black beans, cheddar cheese and crunchy tortilla chips.
- BLT Pasta Salad is a healthier version of the classic, using greek yogurt, mayonnaise and fresh parsley as the salad dressing.
- Beet Bacon and Feta Salad is drizzled with a delicious balsamic rosemary salad dressing and feta cheese.
Did you love this Hawaiian macaroni salad? Be sure to leave a rating below!
- 16 oz brown rice elbow macaroni - equal to 1lb
- 1 cup grated carrots - (about 1 large carrot)
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 6 green onions - chopped small
- 2 celery ribs - chopped small
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- While macaroni is cooking, mix together the dressing: Add 2 cups mayonnaise, ¼ cup milk (dairy or non-dairy), 1 Tbsp coconut sugar (or other sweetener), dried minced onion, salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- Add cooked pasta, grated carrots, chopped onion, green onions, and celery ribs to a bowl. Drizzle the apple cider vinegar overtop and mix together.
- Drizzle the dressing over top and toss salad together.
- Cover the salad and let chill in the fridge for minimum 4 hours.
- Give a quick stir just before serving.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.