This healthy quinoa broccoli bowl is super easy to make and great for kids!
When it comes to healthy lunches, you want to eat a meal that will provide you with energy so that you can avoid that mid-afternoon slump. This recipe is made from two simple ingredients: quinoa and broccoli. Here’s why this meal is great for eating at lunchtime: Quinoa is high in fiber and protein and has a low glycemic index which is good for blood sugar control. Plus, broccoli has been deemed as a superfood that is high in fiber, antioxidants and vitamin C.
What gives this recipe the cheesy, savory taste that we all love? It’s nutritional yeast! If you’ve never had nutritional yeast before, you’re in for a treat. This is a great substitute for dairy and is popular in vegan cooking.
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free and full of amazing whole foods that are perfect for you and your kids. You can create the entire meal in one pot in about 20 minutes. It’s so easy!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt + pepper if desired
- In a large saucepan, combine quinoa, broccoli and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, stir and then reduce heat to let simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes. Quinoa will be cooked when it is fluffy and all of the liquid has been fully absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and then stir in the nutritional yeast, dijon mustard, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
See more family-friendly recipes on our website: www.andianne.com
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 648mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 8gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
Please note: This nutrition information is only an estimate and was created using Nutritionix