Red velvet cake mix cookies are made with red velvet cake mix, butter, eggs and white chocolate chips. This is an easy dump-and-bake recipe that’s ready in under 20 minutes.
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
This recipe is so easy! If you enjoy baking with cake mixes, then this one is for you. This recipe uses red velvet cake mix and creates the most delicious soft and chewy cookies.
You only need 6 ingredients. You can make these in under 20 minutes. They only require one bowl to mix… need I say more?
I love a simple recipe – this recipe is great for beginner bakers or anyone that doesn’t want a lot of fuss. It’s an easy recipe for kids to make too!
>> Need more inspiration? Grab my Easy Healthy Meals Success Kit! Includes 12 healthy eating guides, done-for-you meal plans, and recipes.
Ingredients Shopping List
Here’s what you’ll need to make these cookies:
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Box – You can use any kind of red velvet cake mix for this recipe. I used an organic cake mix. > Buy Organic Red Velvet Cake Mix Here.
- ⅔ cup Melted Butter – The butter should be melted but not too hot.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract > Buy Vanilla Extract Here.
- ¼ tsp Red Food Coloring – Used to deepen the color of the cookies. This is an optional ingredient. > Buy Organic Food Coloring Here.
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips > Buy Organic White Chocolate Chips Here.
GET MY KITCHEN SHOPPING LIST – Get my full kitchen shopping list here including how I stock my pantry, fill my fridge, and what equipment I prefer to use in the kitchen.
Recipe Cost = $6
The red velvet cake mix cost me $3 and all other ingredients cost another $3, making these cookies a really affordable treat. (prices will vary slightly depending on where you live).
Grocery Shopping Tip: If you like to save money at the store, here are my 7 ways to save money on your grocery bill and still eat healthily.
Kitchen Equipment I Used
- Large Baking Sheet: I love my Nordic Ware large baking sheet. It allows me to bake more cookies at once! > Buy Large Baking Sheet Here
- Parchment Paper: Placed on the baking sheet for easier cleanup. I love to use this unbleached biodegradable parchmemt paper. > Buy Parchment Paper Here
- Cookie Scoop: The best and easiest way to drop cookie dough on to a baking sheet. > Buy Cookie Scoop Here
- Hand Mixer: Used to mix the dough. > Buy Hand Mixer Here
- Cooling Rack: Perfect for cooling the cookies after baking (can also be used as a baking rack in the oven). > Buy Cooling Rack Here
>> Need more inspiration? Grab my Easy Healthy Meals Success Kit! A highly successful meal system filled to the brim with healthy eating resources that will teach you how to make easy healthy meals throughout the week, plan your breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and so much more!
How To Make Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
Here’s a quick overview of how to make it with the full recipe instructions at the bottom of this blog post.
- Mix Ingredients – Add the red velvet cake mix, melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and red food coloring (optional) to a large bowl. Mix by hand or use an electric mixer.
- Add White Chocolate Chips – Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Bake – Use a cookie scoop to drop the batter onto a baking sheet, leaving 2″ between each cookie. Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet another 10 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
How To Store Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container on the counter or fridge for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 3 months.
More Cookie Recipes To Try
- Mini M&Ms Cookies – The cookie dough rolled in mini M&Ms… perfect for kids!
- White Chocolate Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies – Perfect combination of sweet and tart. Made with fresh cranberries. I love these!
- Soft Applesauce Spice Cookies – A classic recipe that smells incredible while baking in the oven.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – Easy and delicious.
- Easiest Cracker Candy – For anyone who wants an easy homemade candy recipe with no candy thermometer required, this is it!
Did you love this red velvet cookies recipe? Be sure to leave a rating below!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients: red velvet cake mix, melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and food coloring. Note: Let melted butter sit at room temp for 1 minute to cool down, then add to ingredients.
- Use an electric hand mixer to mix ingredients together. You can also mix by hand.
- Add in the white chocolate chips.
- Mix them in to the cookie dough.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to add dough to baking sheet. Leave 2" in between each one.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet another 10 minutes.
- Use a spatula to gently add to rack to cool completely.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.