Nut Butter Oat Brownies are gluten-free and made with an easy homemade oat flour recipe.
These brownies are a healthier alternative to regular brownies, but still have the same great taste you’d expect.
The nut butter adds a delicious taste and makes these brownies extra chewy.
What Is Oat Flour?
Oat flour is a healthier alternative to refined flours (like white, and whole wheat flour). And it’s cheap, especially if you make your own. I have a full tutorial showing you how to make homemade flour here. Trust me, it’s so easy you’ll never buy store-bought oat flour again!
How To Make Nut Butter Oat Brownies
I made the entire brownie mixture in my food processor. First, I added the oat flour, then all other ingredients and mixed on low until everything came together. I love my food processor because it makes recipes like this so easy.
The batter will be a little thicker and more dense than you’re used to. Just use a spatula to scoop it out and smooth it evenly onto your pan.
- Grease a square pan and preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix dry ingredients together: Oat flour, cacao powder, and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients together: Beat egg, add maple syrup, nut butter. Stir into the dry ingredients. Once mixed fold in the chocolate chips and mix gently.
- Add batter to the square pan and sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top. Bake 25-30 minutes.
More Oat Flour Recipes
- Zucchini Orange Oat Muffins – a great way to use zucchini in your baking. These muffins are moist and have a hint of orange.
- Banana Oatmeal Muffins – one of the most popular muffin recipes on my blog. These are easy to make and a great grab-and-go breakfast idea.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper, or spray with non-stick cooking spray (I love avocado oil spray).
- In a medium bowl, add oat flour (learn how to make your own here), cacao powder, and salt. Mix together and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg with a fork, then add in the milk, maple syrup, and nut butter (or seed butter). Mix, then pour into the oat flour. Once everything is mixed together, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Add the brownie batter to the pan and spread evenly using a spatula. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top. Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then use a spatula to gently loosen the sides. Cut into squares and serve.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.