Strawberry banana nice cream is made with three simple ingredients: bananas, strawberries, and milk. It’s so easy and fast to make. No dairy required!
If you like this recipe then you’ll love my 6 easy banana nice cream flavors! It uses the same method of frozen bananas to create “nice cream” but with six different flavors to try!
Strawberry Banana Nice Cream
- If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to regular ice cream, one that has no refined sugar, and no additives, then this is it!
- This recipe uses just 3 ingredients and is blended in a food processor to create a smooth and creamy frozen treat. The perfect cure to any sweet tooth craving.
- You can easily make banana nice cream in a variety of flavors, using frozen banana as the base.
- This method is one of our favorite ways to serve a frozen treat at home that’s dairy-free because it’s sweet, creamy and healthy!
- If you like this recipe then you may also enjoy our 2-ingredient mango nice cream and colorful rainbow fruit smoothie bowl.
Strawberry Banana Nice Cream Ingredients
- BANANAS: It’s cheap and easy to freeze your own bananas. Bananas must be frozen in order to produce the creamy desired results.
- STRAWBERRIES: If strawberries aren’t in season, then it will probably be cheapest to buy them pre-frozen. Sliced strawberries tend to be easiest to blend vs. whole frozen strawberries.
- MILK: You can use dairy milk, heavy cream, or non-dairy milk such as almond milk, coconut milk, hemp milk, etc.
- SWEETENER: If you want the nice cream to be sweeter, you can add a bit of real maple syrup or honey. Personally, I find the strawberries and bananas are sweet enough. Taste test before you add some.
How To Make Strawberry Banana Nice Cream
Here’s an overview of how to make it with the full recipe instructions at the bottom of this post.
- Freeze Bananas – In order to make the perfect banana nice cream consistency, you will need to freeze three bananas overnight.
- Blend Together – Add frozen bananas, frozen strawberries and milk to a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Serve while soft or freeze until ready to serve.
SOFT SERVE: If you like soft serve style then just pour the freshly made strawberry banana nice cream into bowls immediately after you make it.
HARD ICE CREAM: If you want harder scoops you’ll need to freeze it for longer. Pour the nice cream mixture into a dish. Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours, or overnight to fully harden. When ready to serve, let sit on the counter for 10-15 minutes to thaw, then use an ice cream scoop to dish into bowls to serve.
Any nice cream that you want to save for later should be stored in a freezer-safe container to prevent freezer burn. When you’re ready to eat, take the nice cream out of the freezer and let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes, this will help to soften before you scoop and serve.
Best Way To Freeze Bananas
If you freeze your bananas whole, or just dump them all into a freezer bag they will stick together and form a big hard rock that is very hard to separate.
The best way is to slice the bananas into small pieces and place onto a baking sheet in a single layer. If you still need to add more, then place a piece of parchment paper on top and add more slices in a single layer.
Let these freeze for about 3 hours. Then remove them from the baking sheet and add them to a freezer bag. Store in the freezer until you’re ready to use.
More Healthy Treat Recipes
- Banana Nice Cream – 6 Different Flavors: With more incredible nice cream flavors including, classic banana, chocolate, mango, raspberry, mint chocolate chip, peanut butter, and matcha.
- Banana Cream Popsicles are made with just four ingredients.
- Mango Ice Cream Using a Blender is so easy. Frozen mango makes one of the best creamy frozen treats!
- 6 Healthy Superfood Smoothies are healthy and nutritious.
Strawberry Banana Nice Cream Recipe
- How To Freeze Bananas: slice three bananas into small pieces. Lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer 1-2 hours, then place in freezer bag to freeze overnight.
- Add 3 frozen sliced bananas, 1 cup frozen sliced strawberries, and ⅔ cup milk to a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides if needed (Mine in food processor took about 2 minutes). Taste test the nice cream – if you want it sweeter you can add maple syrup or honey at this time and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Use spatula to scoop into bowls, serve immediately or place in freezer to chill for later.
- Soft Serve – If you like soft serve (my personal fave) then just pour the strawberry banana nice cream into bowls and serve with a spoon.
- Hard Ice Cream – If you want harder scoops you’ll need to freeze it for longer. Pour the nice cream mixture into a dish. Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours, or overnight to fully harden. When ready to serve, let sit on the counter for 10-15 minutes to thaw, then use an ice cream scoop to dish into bowls to serve.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.