Teriyaki ground turkey with rice is a healthy stir fry recipe that can be on the dinner table in under 30 minutes.
Ground turkey is cooked in a skillet with hidden veggies like diced onion, garlic, broccoli, carrots and peas. Tossed together with a store-bought sweet teriyaki sauce and served on a bed of rice for a complete meal. It’s an easy one-bowl dinner idea that the whole family will love, similar to our sweet and sour chicken bites recipe.
Easy Ground Turkey Recipe
- Only 8 ingredients needed for this easy and affordable recipe!
- It’s fast and simple, making it the perfect meal for a quick weeknight dinner.
- This recipe is a delicious combination of sweet and savory, all thanks to the teriyaki sauce.
- Ingredients are cooked together in one frying pan and served over a bed of rice.
- Ground turkey is a lean and healthier substitute to ground beef, and great to add to stir fry recipes like our ground turkey sweet potato skillet.
- I love this recipe because it’s budget-friendly and convenient. Pre-made sauces are an excellent way to save time and keep things simple.
GROUND TURKEY: This recipe uses 1 package of lean ground turkey. Feel free to substitute with lean ground beef, ground pork or ground chicken if that’s what you have.
TERIYAKI SAUCE: I used a no-soy teriyaki sauce that’s also sugar-free. You can use any kind of teriyaki sauce from your grocery store.
VEGETABLES: An easy combination of chopped white onion, minced garlic, shredded carrots, broccoli and peas are all stir-fried together.
SUBSTITUTIONS: Add different veggies like chopped bell peppers, baby corn, green beans, water chestnuts, fresh ginger, and snow peas.
How To Make Teriyaki Ground Turkey With Rice
Save this “dump and cook” recipe for those nights when you’re hungry and want something to be fuss-free.
- Cook the rice according to package instructions. Chop and shred the vegetables.
- Cook onions and garlic in a large skillet until translucent.
- Cook and crumble ground turkey and cook according to the full recipe instructions below.
- Add all vegetables and cook until softened. Pour teriyaki sauce in and stir to heat through.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
Turkey teriyaki bowls make great leftovers and can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. This recipe can also be frozen in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. To thaw, defrost the recipe in the fridge overnight, then reheat in the oven or microwave to serve.
Note: Rice tends to lose a bit of moisture when frozen and is best when served fresh. I recommend only freezing the teriyaki ground turkey mixture (not the rice) for that reason.
- SUBSTITUTE THE RICE: Use any style of rice for this quick meal (white rice, brown rice, wild rice), or substitute with pasta, quinoa or make it low carb with cauliflower rice.
- SLICE RAW GROUND TURKEY: Ground meat comes in packages in long strips. Run a knife vertically to cut strips the opposite way. This will break up the pieces, making it easier to cook.
- KETO SAUCE: If you want to make this a healthy meal, choose a keto-friendly teriyaki sauce that will contain no refined sugar, no soy and no unwanted additives.
- HOMEMADE TERIYAKI SAUCE: A simple homemade sauce can be made using 1 cup water, 1/4 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos), 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 2 Tbsp of corn starch, and 1/4 cup of cold water. Mix soy sauce, 1 cup water, brown sugar, ginger and garlic powder in a small bowl. Heat in a small saucepan until sugar dissolves stirring often (so sugar doesn’t burn). Add 1/4 cup cold water and cornstarch to a bowl and mix together. Pour into the pan and stir often until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and add to the ground turkey teriyaki stir fry.
More Skillet Recipes
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet is another healthy ground turkey recipes and one of our favorite meals.
- Ground Turkey with Chickpeas and Zucchini is a tasty meal that’s fast, simple and delicious.
- One Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl is cheesy and high in protein.
- Ground Beef Sweet Potato Skillet is easy and flavorful.
Did you love this teriyaki ground turkey recipe with rice? Be sure to leave a rating below!
Turkey Teriyaki Rice Bowls Recipe
- Cook 1½ cups of uncooked rice according to package instructions. I used a rice cooker. You can also cook on the stove.
- Prep the vegetables: shred the carrots, dice the onion, mince the garlic and chop the broccoli into bite-size pieces.
- Tip: To make ground turkey easier to cook, run a knife vertically to create several slices. This will cut the long strips making it easier to break apart while cooking.
Make The Recipe:
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat with a bit of cooking oil. Add in the chopped onion and minced garlic. Cook until the onion turns translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey. Cook until the pink color turns brown.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and peas and stir together. Cook until the broccoli is slightly soft when poked with a fork, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce overtop of everything and mix together. Cook another 1-2 minutes, until sauce is heated through.
- Scoop rice into bowls then pour teriyaki ground turkey on top. Add fresh chopped green onions and sesame seeds (optional). Serve and enjoy!
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.