Coconut flour biscuits are an easy way to enjoy a gluten-free, keto-friendly biscuit with your favorite meal. This recipe uses only five ingredients to make a simple biscuit that tastes both sweet and savory.
Coconut Flour Biscuits
If you’re looking for a coconut flour recipe, this one is super easy to make. These biscuits have a sweet and savoury taste. I like to serve them with creamy carrot tomato soup, tortilla soup or pureed cauliflower soup.
I also use this recipe to create gluten-free breadcrumbs for my keto stuffing.
Coconut flour is a healthy alternative to refined flour. It’s high in protein, healthy fats, and protein. It’s gluten-free and grain-free which can cause digestive upset. It also has a low score on the glycemic index, which is a good thing because it will help to avoid blood sugar spikes (1).
All of these benefits make coconut flour a favorite for the keto, paleo and sugar-free diets (including diabetic or candida diet), and for anyone that is gluten-free (including celiacs).
Coconut Flour Biscuit Ingredients
Aside from the coconut flour, this recipe uses everyday ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Coconut Flour – This flour is the base of the recipe. If you’ve never used it before, coconut flour has a sweet taste, and a yellow tone. You can find coconut flour in the bulk section of health food stores, or in a packaged version in the baking section. If you can’t find it locally, you can also purchase online here.
- Butter – You’ll need 1/4 cup of melted butter. You can use salted or unsalted.
- Eggs – This recipe uses four eggs. This is a bit more than other baking recipes but coconut flour is quite dry and the eggs will help bind it together and create moisture.
- Other Bits – You’ll also need baking soda and salt.
How To Make Coconut Flour Biscuits
These biscuits are quick and easy to make:
- Mix Dry Ingredients – Add the coconut flour, baking soda and salt to a bowl and mix together.
- Add Wet Ingredients – Melt the butter, then add it along with the eggs to the bowl. Stir it together until it forms a goopy batter.
- Let It Sit – Let the batter sit for 2-3 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb the excess moisture.
- Divide, Roll and Flatten – Divide the batter into six equal pieces. Roll each one into a ball and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake – Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Let cool a bit then serve with butter or coconut oil.
~ Get the full recipe card that you can even print out at the bottom of this post. Just keep scrolling down.
More Coconut Flour Baking Recipes
- Coconut Flour Banana Muffins – These muffins are a healthy breakfast or snack option. Keep one in your bag for a quick energy boost.
- Coconut Cinnamon Ginger Cookies – This recipe isn’t like a traditional cookie. There’s no flour. Instead, they’re made with shredded coconut as the base.
- Raspberry Coconut Energy Balls – If you’re looking for a superfood snack that’s loaded with protein, then this is it!
Coconut Flour Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. HELPFUL TIP: First, I like to spray the baking sheet with a bit of avocado oil spray, then lay the parchment paper down to help it stick.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Add the melted butter and eggs to the bowl. Mix everything together.
- At first the batter will be goopy and sticky. Let it sit for 3-4 minutes.
- The coconut flour will start to absorb the moisture and batter will thicken.
- Divide the batter into six equal sections. Roll them into balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Gently flatten them with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then serve with butter or coconut oil.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.