Keto Crustless Quiche is made with mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach. This recipe is gluten-free and keto friendly. It can be served for breakfast, brunch or slices can be stored in the fridge for easy meal prep throughout the week.
Keto Crustless Quiche
Omitting the crust on a quiche makes this recipe low carb and keto friendly.
Don’t just save this recipe for a special occasion. Instead, you can use it as meal prep breakfasts or lunches for the week. You can cut it into slices and store them in the fridge or freezer for later.
Crustless Quiche Ingredients
- Eggs – You’ll need 8 large eggs for this recipe.
- Vegetables – I used cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach in this quiche recipe. You can easily customize what veggies you add, just keep the egg and coconut cream ratio the same.
- Cheese – I used mozzarella cheese, but you can also use cheddar cheese or any other flavor you’d like.
- Coconut Cream – This has a wonderfully thick and creamy consistency. It’s dairy-free and won’t taste like coconuts.
- Spices – I used ground mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
How To Make Crustless Quiche
- Wash and Chop The Vegetables – Slice the tomatoes in half, dice the onion, and slice the mushrooms thin.
- Place Vegetables In A Quiche Pan – Add the onion, tomatoes and spinach into the dish and toss them together so that they’re evenly mixed. Next, arrange the sliced mushrooms on top evenly.
- Add Mozzarella Cheese – sprinkle it overtop of the vegetables.
- Whisk The Eggs – In a medium bowl, whisk the 8 large eggs. Add the coconut cream, ground mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix together. Pour overtop of the vegetables in the quiche pan.
- Bake – Add the quiche to the oven and bake for 40 minutes at 350°F. Check for doneness by poking a toothpick in the center of the quiche.
Tips For Crustless Quiche
- Spray The Quiche Pan First – An essential step, this will prevent the quiche from sticking to the pan.
- Place The Quiche Pan On A Baking Sheet – Add the quiche pan on the baking sheet directly to the oven. It helps to avoid spills while carrying the quiche and during the baking process.
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe
- Quiche Pan – These handy pans have a removeable bottom, similar to a springform cheesecake pan. This style of pan can be used to make regular quiche recipes with a crust, tarts and crustless quiche.
- Pie Dish – Quiche can also easily be cooked in a pie dish. I love the quality of Staub.
- Mixing Bowls – These make it easy to prep and clean up.
- Avocado Oil Spray – I use avocado oil spray for all my recipes. It’s keto friendly and has a high smoke point making it great for anything cooked in the oven.
Flavor Variations For Crustless Quiche
- Kale – Instead of spinach you can try kale. Just chop it small into bite-size pieces.
- Bell Peppers – Dice them and add in replacement of any vegetables.
- Green Onions – An easy addition to any quiche or omelette.
- Sweet Potato – Slice them thin in a mandolin slicer or shred them so they’ll cook faster.
- Ham – An easy addition. Chop into bite-size pieces first.
- Bacon – Cook in a skillet and slice small, then add to the quiche.
- Cheddar Cheese – Any cheese you prefer will work here, including cheddar cheese.
- To Store – Add quiche leftovers to the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
- To Reheat – This quiche can be heated in the oven at 350°F or in the microwave.
- To Freeze – Yes, quiche can be stored in the freezer! First, wrap each serving individually in plastic wrap or tightly in parchment paper. Then place each serving inside a large ziploc freezer bag. Seal tightly and remove excess air. This will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Sheet Pan Sweet Potato and Spinach Omelet – Sheet pan omelettes are incredibly easy to make, and an excellent meal prep recipe.
- Healthy Zucchini Spinach Breakfast Quesadilla – You can whip up this easy breakfast or lunch idea in under 10 minutes!
- Banana Cranberry Breakfast Cookies – Make a double batch and pop the rest in the freezer for those hectic mornings!
- Pancake Mini Muffins – an easy way to cook a batch of pancakes and keep them in the fridge for bite-size snacks.
- Banana Oatmeal Muffins – These banana oatmeal muffins are the best healthy breakfast muffin filled with delicious gluten-free rolled oats,maple syrup and ripe bananas.
Mushroom Tomato Crustless Quiche
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the quiche pan or pie dish. I like to use avocado oil spray.
- Chop the onion and cherry tomatoes and place them in the dish.
- Chop the spinach and slice the mushrooms. Place the quiche pan on top of a baking sheet. Add the spinach to the pan and mix with the onions and tomatoes. Arrange the mushroom slices on top.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese (this is optional – if you don't want to add cheese, just skip this step)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut cream (or heavy cream), ground mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over top of the vegetables. Pick up the baking sheet and place it in the oven with the quiche pan on top. This makes it easier to carry and avoids any spilling.Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked through the center.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Slice and serve with your favorite toppings such as hot sauce, salsa, avocado, sour cream etc.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.